Stranger on the Shore by Josh Lanyon

Stranger on the Shore - Josh Lanyon

Wanting more, not ready to be finished with reading these addicting mystery books, lead me to impulsively buying this third Josh Lanyon standalone book from Amazon, Stranger on the Shore. I had absolutely no idea what it was about; I didn’t even bother reading the synopsis before I added it to my kindle and started reading. I went in blind, and it didn’t even matter because it was so darn good!

Stranger on the Shore had a different flavor from the other Lanyon books I’ve read. I was expecting another book with a fun, strong, mystery, but it actually wasn’t really a tough one to figure out. I knew how the book would resolve itself very early on. The really awesome part, though, was that I didn’t even care. For me, knowing the truth made me anticipate the ending even more than I would a normal mystery. I was on pins and needles the whole time, waiting for the shoe to drop, and being on the edge of my seat made the book so intense.

On the other hand, the romance was a little odd. I think it happened really fast, and maybe a little unbelievably. Also, there was a secret aspect of the relationship I thought would have wound up being too heavy for both Griff and Pierce. Mostly Pierce. I think if the book weren’t a standalone, and there was a sequel, the lapse in the love story would have fleshed itself out more.

Either way, it didn’t stop me from loving this book.

Basically I just love Josh Lanyon’s writing. I’m a fan. This won’t be the last Josh Lanyon book review that I write. Maybe if I gush and gush I’ll convince some of you out there to read him too.

If you like this review, check out others like it at Badass Book Reviews.