Breaking Her Rules by Jennifer Snow

Breaking Her Rules: Beyond the Cage - Jennifer Snow

I’m not one of the reviewers that tends to jump on Contemporary Romance’s. Frankly, it’s just not my thing. I tend to feel like they all run together. Kind of like, if you’ve read one you’ve read them all. I really want to select books that I believe I’d like. I want to give books good reviews. So, knowing what makes me critical, I just tend to stay away from Contemporary Romance novels.

Also, I am not athletic at all. I don’t watch any kind of sports, with the exception of a few years of obsessive WWE watching. I don’t like football, baseball, basketball… and most importantly I do not like any kind of professional fighting. (WWE is scripted, duh.) I can’t stand boxing, and I’ve never watched an MMA fight.

At this point you’ve got to be asking yourself why the hell I thought reading Breaking Her Rules would be a good idea? Easy. For some very strange reason I really love books about sports. Something about reading (or watching, I’m equal opportunity) about the adrenaline of sports really makes me excited. I could not resist the pull of a romance about an MMA fighter. I’m a gluten.

*Sigh*- Unfortunately this book was a lot like most of the other contemporaries that I’ve read. It was good- while I was reading it. I’m positive that it’s going to be gone, completely out of my head, very quickly. Once again the male of the story was hot and sweet and perfect, just the way they always are. The female in the story is beautiful without knowing it, but a little self-centered and standoffish. Throw in an ex, a history, and lots of angst, and you have this, and your traditional, contemporary romance.

Despite my lukewarm appreciation of Breaking Her Rules I am interested in reading the next book, if only because it sounds like it contains a woman who wants to train to fight… and also, once again, I’m a glutton.

Thank you to PENGUIN GROUP/Intermix and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you like this review, check out others like it at Badass Book Reviews.