Wind Catcher by Jeff & Erynn Altabef

Wind Catcher - Jeff Altabef, Erynn Altabef

What caught my attention about this book was the setting. Paranormal meets Native Americans... it's not such a stretch, but at the same time it doesn't seem done very often.

I wasn't disappointed, mostly. I thought the basic idea behind the story was intriguing, but I also thought it had a few flaws. I wasn't a big fan of the relationship between Juliet and Troy, her best friend and possible love interest. I think this was caused by two reasons, first Juliet wasn't very nice. Sure she was nicest to Troy, but not what I would call 'nice'. I also think that the lack of chemistry between them was also due to Troy's character itself. I just don't think he was very flushed out. His voice wasn't strong.

What I did like was Juliets grandfather. He was my favorite part of the story, and that includes his relationship with Juliet.

Lastly, there was a twist in the end that I didn't see coming and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. What it did do was keep me invested and curious about where in the heck the second book will go.

Group Review feature at BadassBookReviews.com