Holiday Read #3

Winter Oranges - Marie Sexton

The best Holiday Riptide read was undoubtedly Winter Oranges. Oddly enough, it was also the book that I was the most worried about. Child actor falls in love with a man trapped in a snow globe? I mean, that sounds completely hokey! But, somehow it wasn’t. It was the perfect set up for a romantic read, with a built in obstacle. Ben appeared in Jason’s new house as a projection. He couldn’t be touched, and in the beginning he couldn’t be heard. Their relationship was doomed from the start.

It doesn’t stop Jason. If he never finds a way to get Ben out of the globe, he’s prepared to live the rest of his life like this, so long as he gets to be with the man he loves.

That is such a beautiful setup!

What makes it even better is that neither Sam nor Jason is a jerk. Once Jason gets past his shock, he’s so kind and sweet with Ben. He even tries to find ways to broaden Ben’s limited world. And Ben! For someone who has spent the last 150 years in a snow globe, cut off from the entire world and never aging, he has an incredible outlook on life. While that could have been utterly unbelievable, Ben perfectly explains why he seems so happy. Trust me, it makes complete sense.

I would most definitely recommend this read to anyone, particular someone looking for a holiday read that is 75% romance and only 25% sex. I would recommend it to someone who wants to read a happy story that’s light and poignant. If that’s something you’re looking for, then I suppose I recommend this read to you!

For other reviews just like this one, come visit us atBadass Book Reviews!