Driving from ANYWHERE!

Winter Wonderland - Heidi Cullinan

That was absolutely spectacular! I laughed, I cried, and felt all squishy inside…

Winter Wonderland starts out in the best possible way! With snow penises on a front stoop! It was so hilarious, especially when Paul started getting grief from everyone, and he’d knock it down only to find a new superbly designed schlong on his front porch all over again. And in that moment, I knew that I was going to absolutely love Kyle.

I did too, I loved him. He was so wonderful. I loved the way he was with his sister, and with Edna the crotchety old woman who lives next to Paul. I loved how tender he was with Paul’s feelings, and how important it was for him that Paul have a happy life. He may have been only 25 but he was one of the most compassionate characters I’ve ever read. Ever. Kyle’s generosity and tender heart made me cry repeatedly throughout the book, both in how he treated the elderly, his twin sister, and how he felt about Paul’s awful awful family.

I actually liked Paul too. I loved how he binged on those cheesy terrible Christmas movies. I loved how he admired Kyle’s knit hat, and wicked grin. I loved how awkward and shy he was, despite looking like a big burly lumberjack man.

I loved this book. I seriously loved it. I will definitely be going backwards and reading the previous stories, although I’m already pretty positive that Kyle and Paul will remain special.

I would recommend this book to absolutely anyone, with a note that you should read it when it’s cold outside and you’re warm and toasty in front of a fire.

Thank you to Samhain and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Read this review, and others like it, at Badass Book Reviews!