Spirit

Spirit - Brigid Kemmerer

Kudos's Ms Kemmerer... I did NOT see that coming. I am seriously impressed!

Hunter Garrity, I loved him in Storm, I adored his friendship with Gabriel in Spark, and Spirit, despite the turbulence, ended up just as awesome!

You questioning what 'turbulence' might mean? Well, see the problem is that Hunter has such a chip on his shoulder that it's so hard to not be frustrated with him. He distrusts absolutely everyone, even though our Merrick's (despite being aggressive fighty boys) continue to prove over and over that they are trustworthy.

Many times while reading this book I wanted to chuck my Kindle across the room and scream. Hunter's lucky I couldn't get my hands on him to knock some sense into his very attractive, pierced, tatted self. It didn't matter in the end though because I loved it.

This series may not have the poetically beautiful prose you find in other YA's. I've read works that could be considered 'better written', in terms of literature. What this series DOES have that most other YA's don't is a group of young adults that you love and want to fight for/with. It has nonstop action, and even when you maybe get a little frustrated you just can't seem to put it down. I laughed. I cried. I was blown away.

One of my most favorite paranormal YA series ever!