Drink, Slay, Love

Drink, Slay, Love - Sarah Beth Durst

This took me forever to get through! I'm wavering between 2 stars and 3 stars...

This book started off poorly for me. I guess I was hoping for something... darker? Funnier? I don't know, this was just too... ugh, I don't know. It was just lacking depth, I guess.

1. Pearl was just nasty. I get it, she was supposed to be evil. We were supposed to see progression and a growing conscience. I did. Still, there just wasn't enough to her.

2. Is it just me or were Zeke and Matt clearly The Frog brothers from The Lost Boys?! I mean, they even had lines that I felt came right from the movie.

Zeke held up a hand to forestall Matt, "Safe to talk here?"

Pearl pointed at the sun, which now hovered above the horizon, "Clearly."

"Always pays to be careful," Zeke said. "You said the vamps plan to torch the place to hide the evidence. So that got our creative juices going..."

I mean, is it me, or do you picture the Frog Brothers? I did even when they caught her in the trap.

Somewhere around the middle of the book it got more interesting. There was a lot of decent idea's. I found myself nodding going, 'oh yeah, that's cool the way she thought of it like this'. I just wish that the characters had the depth to them that I think the idea of the book warranted in order to do those cool parts justice. I mean, it says something that I don't have much of anything to say about Evan.

So I'm going with three stars right now, I'm pretty sure that after a few days I'll drop it down to two.