Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)

Between the Lines  - Tammara Webber

Hmmmm, I have a lot of conflicting thoughts of this book.

On one hand Graham was so awesome. Every scene he was in just put a smile on my face. And hey, black hair and dark eyes... long muscled lean body... My kinda guy! The scenes between him and Emma were so sweet. I love a slow building romance, just look at my love for Matt in Flat Out Love. A friendship but you can tell he wants more, it just tugs your heart.

On the other hand, you have to read 60% about Reid. See, it is my belief that if I have to read a major storyline about a character that's an ass, they should have some redeeming qualities to make me care about them. Eliza Boans from Fury is the perfect example of this. The things she would say or think would make me wince, but at the same time there was a vulnerability to her that made you CARE. Reid lacked this. I couldn't see any reason for me to give a crap about him. And this is a bad recipe for a book in which he's one of the main characters.

So, here I am wanting more about Graham's feelings for Emma, but I'm being forced to read about Reid and Emma and I just couldn't make myself care.

I'm told the next book is better, and I know it has more Graham, so I'm moving directly into the second. Normally I don't do this. Normally I break them up with something else, except I just feel completely unsatisfied.