Bloodlines (Bloodlines (Richelle Mead))

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead Beware, this review contains quotes and spoilers....**********************************************************Interview one:"I don't suppose," I said, once we were in the car, "that she just gave you the job based on looks alone?"Adrian had been staring off but now flashed me a big smile. "Why, Sage, you sweet talker.""Thats not what I meant! What happened?"He shrugged. "I told the truth.""Adrian!""I'm serious. She asked me what my greatest strength was. I said getting along with people.""Thats not bad," I admitted."Then she asked what my greatest weakness was. And I said, 'Where should I start?'""Adrian!""Stop saying my name like that. I told her the truth. By the time I was on the fourth one, she told me I could go."A few paragraphs later...While Adrian was interviewing in the back, I got a table and some coffee. Trey came to visit me after about fifteen minutes."Is that really your brother?" he demanded."Yes," I said, hoping I sounded convincing."When you said he was looking for a job, I pictured a male version of you. I figured he'd want to color code the cups or something.""Whats your point?" I asked.Trey shook his head. "My point is that you'd better keep looking. I was just back there and overheard him talking with my manager. She was explaining the cleanup he would have to do each night. Then he said something about his hands and manual labor."One thing that Bloodlines had going for it over Vampire Acadamy, for me, was the humor. In VA Adrian was pining away for Rose, so even when he was funny it was also a bit sad. But Adrian and Sydney are hilarious together. It's odd because I wasn't blown away by her character in the first books. She seemed a bit stodgy, but now that I've gotten to know her better I'm really impressed by her. Is she as vibrant as Rose, nah. But she's got a spine, she's just smarter about it.I'll admit that I think Adrian made Sydney more interesting, but I'll definitely take it. This was a good one, maybe I'll be in the minority but I couldn't seem to put it down today. And, boy oh boy, that was a good cliffhanger!